Information and the Future

This is the blog of the Information and the Future task force of the Rolfing Library at Trinity International University. The IF task force exists to explore the role of libraries in the future of Christian higher education.

Friday, January 11, 2008

Pandora Radio

Have any of you used Pandora Radio? Someone just told me about it, and I found it interesting. If you enter an artist or song, it picks songs it thinks are similar based on musical "genes" - or what the song sounds like (melody, rhythm, etc). At first I was wondering if the computer somehow analyzed the songs to compare them. But it sounds like they actually have people who analyze the qualities of all the songs. I think they must also use data people enter, because you can choose whether you like the song or not.

I don't know if this has any relevance for us, but I thought it was an interesting technology!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home